Isle of Man iCourt
Retired ESOC staff

ESO: iCourt

18 Jan 2016, 19:22

Any chance this patch will try and fix some of the bugs currently in the game? I have a list of several that could be easily fixed, and some others that are just listed. Most are harmless and just are missing certain lines of code, or animations, others are exploitable and could give an unfair advantage. Several of these were addressed on the Age Sanctuary Fan Patches, while Fan Patch 1.3 for Mac went so far as to correct even more of these issues. Some of these may have been fixed on the RE patch as I can't find patch notes, but most are still present. If any of you know of any that are fixed I'll strike them from the list, or if you know of any that are missing I'll add them to the list. This is a list I've had for several years so it may not be 100% up to date.

Below you'll see a list of the bugs, or bad design choices ES/RE made. The italic text is _H2O's comments on that particular bug.

Current Bugs:
Click to Read
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

18 Jan 2016, 19:38

The bug number 7 made me ragequit from tournament.
That should definitely be changed.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team

ESO: ESO-Assistant

18 Jan 2016, 20:20

38. Professional Handlers card bugs with War Elephants (Solution is to reduce population count for individual elephant types, so as to avoid bug with War Elephants.)

What kind of bug?
ImageImage
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

18 Jan 2016, 20:38

90. It cannot construct native embassies. (?)
Netherlands Jerom
ESOC Media Team

ESO: Jerom_

18 Jan 2016, 21:21

7. Consulate Units don't conform to the same statistics as the regular units they are based on. This affects the following units from the Consulate: Bestiero Crossbowmen, Czapka Uhlans, Gardener Hussars, Great Bombards, Prussian Needle Gun Skirmishers, Roger's Rangers Skirmishers, and Siberian Cossacks. (This could change game meta. Debatable to change.)
This isnt a bug. Just look at the beisteiro stats to notice they are intentionally different.

26. Ankathari Urumi upgrade (Fortress Age upgrade for Urumi) currently has a Team Tech flag without being labeled a team card. All team Urumi's are improved.
Isnt this just because urumi scale based on colonial stats?

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team

19 Jan 2016, 00:46

Create spoiler for the list please
ImageImage
Isle of Man iCourt
Retired ESOC staff

19 Jan 2016, 01:33

briowl wrote:90. It cannot construct native embassies. (?)
No.
_NiceKING_ wrote:38. Professional Handlers card bugs with War Elephants (Solution is to reduce population count for individual elephant types, so as to avoid bug with War Elephants.)

What kind of bug?
Its a conflict bug if I remember correctly. It causes somethings not to activate. Regardless it was fixed by FP 1.2 and if I'm not wrong should still be an issue in both RE patch and ESOC FP.
_NiceKING_ wrote:Create spoiler for the list please
Created a spoiler. Was limited on time when I originally posted this. I did some digging and found another list of bugs that I'll add to the list later tonight.
Jerom wrote:7. Consulate Units don't conform to the same statistics as the regular units they are based on. This affects the following units from the Consulate: Bestiero Crossbowmen, Czapka Uhlans, Gardener Hussars, Great Bombards, Prussian Needle Gun Skirmishers, Roger's Rangers Skirmishers, and Siberian Cossacks. (This could change game meta. Debatable to change.)
This isnt a bug. Just look at the beisteiro stats to notice they are intentionally different.

26. Ankathari Urumi upgrade (Fortress Age upgrade for Urumi) currently has a Team Tech flag without being labeled a team card. All team Urumi's are improved.
This is true about the consulate units. This was considered a bug by the AS FP 1.1 team and as such the units at the consulate were standardized. It's not a change I would personally make (nor care for), but I left it on the list as a debatable change. It's worth mentioning as it was a change made on a previous patch.

As for the Urumi upgrade there are 2 different solutions to this. One is to properly label the card a team card as currently it increases Urumi stats for all players on team, or to remove the team tech completely. Changing it to a team tech would require to re-color the card button and rename it.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

19 Jan 2016, 03:37

sorry should have been clearer what does '90. It cannot construct native embassies.' mean please?
Isle of Man iCourt
Retired ESOC staff

19 Jan 2016, 06:20

briowl wrote:sorry should have been clearer what does '90. It cannot construct native embassies.' mean please?
My apologies. It was Iroquois Travois. Thanks for catching that.

Updated with more bugs. Added spacing to the list to make easier to read. Bug count is at 114 of time of this post.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

19 Jan 2016, 06:21

Jerom wrote:7. Consulate Units don't conform to the same statistics as the regular units they are based on. This affects the following units from the Consulate: Bestiero Crossbowmen, Czapka Uhlans, Gardener Hussars, Great Bombards, Prussian Needle Gun Skirmishers, Roger's Rangers Skirmishers, and Siberian Cossacks. (This could change game meta. Debatable to change.)

It kinda sucks when you send 3 hussars from homecity, your opponent (india) sends 300 export, allies with otto and sends 3 hussars and you are like gg wp.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands Jerom
ESOC Media Team

19 Jan 2016, 12:33

thebritish wrote:

It kinda sucks when you send 3 hussars from homecity, your opponent (india) sends 300 export, allies with otto and sends 3 hussars and you are like gg wp.

Well same is true if russia ships 5 cossack against your 3 hussars. Some shipments are simply better than others, thats fine. I dont think this is a bug at all.

@icourt I complete forgot to thank you for the list. Very useful for the next ep release.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
China Couprider
Howdah

ESO: couprider

19 Jan 2016, 12:44

chinese monk will give the whole army 10%hp/attack aura in a recorded game.
while in a non-recorded game this aura works on disciples only.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

19 Jan 2016, 13:14

Jerom wrote:
thebritish wrote:

Well same is true if russia ships 5 cossack against your 3 hussars. Some shipments are simply better than others, thats fine. I dont think this is a bug at all.

@icourt I complete forgot to thank you for the list. Very useful for the next ep release.

But, india has very good eco while russia doesnt.
France and India have the same eco, while 2 French have better eco than 3 russians
No Flag tedere12
Howdah

19 Jan 2016, 13:22

thebritish wrote:
Jerom wrote:
thebritish wrote:

France and India have the same eco, while 2 French have better eco than 3 russians

russia has better eco then france
You know what? Go sit under a tree!
Isle of Man iCourt
Retired ESOC staff

19 Jan 2016, 14:26

Couprider wrote:chinese monk will give the whole army 10%hp/attack aura in a recorded game.

Yes I had this one on a different bug list I've been logging. It's been added to the list along with several other bugs.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

19 Jan 2016, 14:48

Isnt this just because urumi scale based on colonial stats?[/quote]
It kinda sucks when you send 3 hussars from homecity, your opponent (india) sends 300 export, allies with otto and sends 3 hussars and you are like gg wp.[/quote]

@icourt I complete forgot to thank you for the list. Very useful for the next ep release.[/quote]
France and India have the same eco, while 2 French have better eco than 3 russians[/quote]
russia has better eco then france[/quote]

it doesnt
No Flag umeu
ESOC Patch Team

19 Jan 2016, 15:06

another bug

abus do not get multipliers vs light cavalry and eagle knights when in stagger or defend mode.
While one who sings with his tongue on fire
Gargles in the rat race choir
Bent out of shape from society's pliers
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather get you down in the hole
That hes in

But I mean no harm nor put fault
On anyone living in a vault
Netherlands Jerom
ESOC Media Team

19 Jan 2016, 15:18

thebritish wrote:
iCourt wrote:
Couprider wrote:chinese monk will give the whole army 10%hp/attack aura in a recorded game.

Yes I had this one on a different bug list I've been logging. It's been added to the list along with several other bugs.

please change your profile picture. it makes me mad

could you then remove the embedded video from your signature.

Better said, just remove it regardless, its too large.

Isle of Man iCourt
Retired ESOC staff

19 Jan 2016, 15:30

umeu wrote:another bug

abus do not get multipliers vs light cavalry and eagle knights when in stagger or defend mode.

Added.
New Zealand zoom
ESOC Patch Team

ESO: Funnu

19 Jan 2016, 15:50

Changdao Swordsman attack does decrease in cover mode actually.

Nice list, although I can't say I've read it all in detail just yet...
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
Isle of Man iCourt
Retired ESOC staff

19 Jan 2016, 15:56

Good to know. This is something that may have been fixed on RE patch. I'll strike it out.

Added lines 120-122 with a strike just as a reference. This was fixed on AS FP 1.0 and it appears to be fixed on ESOC FP 1.0.0.
No Flag umeu
ESOC Patch Team

19 Jan 2016, 16:21

iCourt wrote:Good to know. This is something that may have been fixed on RE patch. I'll strike it out.

Added line 120 with a strike just as a reference. This was fixed on AS FP 1.0 and it appears to be fixed on ESOC FP 1.0.0.

firepit bug (109) has also been fixed.

Another bug tho:

British consulate bonus does not affect disciple HP.
That hes in

Isle of Man iCourt
Retired ESOC staff

19 Jan 2016, 16:31

Are you sure Fire Pit bug has been fixed off of ESO? On the ESO client it is fixed but last I checked offline/Gameranger/etc. it still is an issue. Mitoe and Cohenski actually brought this up to me when we were working on FP for Mac. I'll strike when I get some more feedback on this one.

The consulate not affecting Disciples is most likely a tagging issue. Should be an easy fix. Added.
No Flag umeu
ESOC Patch Team

19 Jan 2016, 16:37

ah, outside eso, i dont know.
That hes in

Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team

21 Jan 2016, 03:55

124. A very rare first person view caused by using certain hotkey combinations while in home city view. (No known solution. Rare bug, and going to options menu fixes view.)

Happens to me sometimes
ImageImage

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”